Marcie O’Neil, MSW, LISW-S, treats individual and families treating and a variety of mental health issues. She maintains a private practice in the Montgomery area of Cincinnati, Ohio. She is a practical and interactive therapist who believes that therapy is teamwork. Her treatment approach is to provide support and practical feedback to help clients resolve current problems and long-standing patterns. She incorporates a blend of conventional and alternatives approaches, drawing upon a variety of styles and techniques to determine what will be most helpful for each client. In addition, she uses EMDR Therapy for treatment of PTSD. This technique has been scientifically proven to help reduce the symptoms of PTSD and enables people to live fuller and happier lives. With sensitivity and compassion, she works with each client to help them build on their strengths to identify and achieve their life goals.
With over 30 years experience in the mental health field, and a graduate of the Mount St. Joseph University and the
University of Kentucky, she is currently serving as practitioner working with a broad spectrum of clients. Among her areas of expertise are mental health problems, PTSD, adolescent therapy in conjunction with family therapy, marital and relationship problems, grief counseling, the effects of addicton on the family, and a variety of stress and adjustment related concerns.
In addition, Marcie O’Neil, MSW, LISW has presented workshops on depression, marital problems after the loss of a child, grief and surviving the holidays, managing anger, meditation, spirituality and music therapy as a complementary treatment to general audiences. She also teaches meditation and iRest Yoga Nidra. She has also recorded a music CD for the grieving entitled “In Memory Of” which can be found on http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/marcieoneil, iTunes, YouTube and other music download sites.
- BS with a concentration in Music Therapy
- Master of Social Work from the University of Kentucky
- 3 years Post-graduate training in conjoint family and marital therapy
- EMDR Level I and II training for the treatment of PTSD
- 3 years Post-Graduate studies in Complex Trauma and Dissociative Disorders through ISST-D
- Certified iRest Yoga Nidra Instructor
- Dialectic Behavioral Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Licensed by the State of Ohio Social Work, Counseling and Marital/Family Therapy Board
Professional Activities and Memberships
- National Association Of Social Workers
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing International Association
- Ohio River Valley Clinical and Social Work Society
- Teacher’s Community Network-Integrative Restoration Institute